Ann-Sofie Back’s SS12 collection was a follow-up of the clean, fresh looks of the previous season with three themes running throughout the collection, the tiny belt detail, standout darts and the boning details. And on so many shows I’ve seen so far in NY and London, fuchsia or hot pink is included, really a color to watch out for next spring. As usual Ann-Sofie’s design is right up my alley, so effortless chic, sophisticated, unexpected elements and a boost of chunky jewellery and accessories.
The idea behind this collection was based on Jantelagen (a Scandinavian cultural attitude) and if you’re not already familiar with it the ten rules state:
- Don’t think you’re anything special.
- Don’t think you’re as good as us.
- Don’t think you’re smarter than us.
- Don’t convince yourself that you’re better than us.
- Don’t think you know more than us.
- Don’t think you are more important than us.
- Don’t think you are good at anything.
- Don’t laugh at us.
- Don’t think anyone cares about you.
- Don’t think you can teach us anything